2010年5月18日火曜日

Listen to English - learn English!

(The Great British Donkey Race)

1 government (名詞)
支配、統治、政府
We have had a General Election and now we have a new government.

2,electoral (形容詞)
選挙人の、選挙候の
Many countries have electoral systems that we call, in English, “proportional representation”. In these systems,

3,constituency (名詞)
有権者、選挙民、選挙区、後援団体、顧客層
This is what happened in the constituency where I live.

4,noise (名詞)
音、雑音、騒音、喧噪、物音、音、叫び声、騒々しい声
who was the Member of Parliament in the old Parliament, a blue donkey, a yellow donkey and a green donkey, and a few other donkeys who knew they couldn’t win but thought it might be fun to take part. The yellow donkey was the one who made the most noise.

5,Unfortunately (副詞)
不幸にも、残念ながら、あいにく
Unfortunately, it is also not at all democratic, because the “first past the post” system favours the big political parties.

6,majority  (名詞)
大多数、過半数、多数派
This election was different, however. No party will have a majority in the new Parliament.






4 件のコメント:

  1. I think you are doing good work. You did not, however, include a link to what you were reading. Also, you included many translations of each work. In each case, which translation fits the context best?

    返信削除
  2. I'm sorry.This context is not best.
    I'd like to find to best context.

    返信削除
  3. I'm sorry. This context is not best.
    I'd like to find to best context.

    返信削除
  4. I'm glad we could talk in class. I'm looking forward to reading your next post.

    返信削除